Just couldn’t leave it alone. Had to rewrite!
It may sound romantic but, consider this first …
- In search for that elusive metaphor, poets can be somewhat “eccentric.”
- They have deep conversations with Animals, clouds, and Grecian Urns.
- If you date a poet everyone will think you are the jerk they are writing about.
- You will be the jerk they are writing about.
- Excessive use of “Poetry Hands.”
- Excessive use of “poetic licence.”
- Excessive use of “melancholy.”
- Excessive use of “apostrophes.”
- They collect antediluvian words that have not been in circulation for at least 100 years or more.
- They look for opportunities to insert obscure words into conversations just to rebel against the modern world.
- They think children’s films and books are sublime.
- They refuse to care where the remote is.
- All their furniture will be positioned around windows for them to stare out for hours at a time.
- Your parents will think they are possessed.
- They are…
View original post 450 more words