Point and click
Are you sure?
Do you believe in ghosts?
hidden broken code
Happily ever after made irrelevant
What was that guys name in debate class?
That tall guy … With the dark hair
I think he was a jock
I don’t remember
Point and click
She sat as people came and went
They had plans
She had a mark
What is this free will?
She pondered what it was like
She had always been stopped
Lack of talent
A plain face
Then she disappeared
An endless winter
Trolling in self loathing
The promise of spring
Then you remember
The smell of rain
And the kettle screams
Dreamers live through this
These momentary lapses in hope
She said tomorrow
Just couldn’t leave it alone. Had to rewrite!
Originally posted on Betty Generic:
It may sound romantic but, consider this first …
- In search for that elusive metaphor, poets can be somewhat “eccentric.”
- They have deep conversations with Animals, clouds, and Grecian Urns.
- If you date a poet everyone will think you are the jerk they are writing about.
- You will be the jerk they are writing about.
- Excessive use of ”Poetry Hands.”
- Excessive use of ”poetic licence.”
- Excessive use of ”melancholy.”
- Excessive use of ”apostrophes.”
- They collect antediluvian words that have not been in circulation for at least 100 years or more.
- They look for opportunities to insert obscure words into conversations just to rebel against the modern world.
- They think children’s films and books are sublime.
- They refuse to care where the remote is.
- All their furniture will be positioned around windows for them to stare out for hours at a time.
- Your parents will think they are possessed.
- They are possessed.
- You will lose all arguments, or feel so guilty you wish you had lost.
- They will secretly judge your metaphors as similes.
- They carry a notebook everywhere and let everyone see it but you.
- They hoard pens and refuse to let you borrow them.
- They are obsessed with incredibly depressing films without happy endings.
- They listen to every single kind of music you can imagine, even Brazilian monkey howling listening for universal truth.
- They keep conversations going way too long.
- You will never know if they agree with you or are just following you down the rabbit hole to see how crazy you are.
- They will visit other rabbit holes.
- They can’t keep secrets. It will come out thinly veiled and mythologized in their poetry.
- It takes a least a week to a year for them to form their opinion about something, and that opinion is subject to change.
- They speak in rhyme all the time.
- They talk to everyone, which a lot of people find scary, especially at the grocery store.
- They don’t understand why if murder, rape, slavery, and genocide are illegal, then why is war legal?
- They actually think people need to be protected from Monsanto, instead of protecting Monsanto.
- They do not understand why group “X” is all of a sudden hated by everyone.
- They don’t understand the global threat of Dandelions and why we must eradicate the threat with toxic chemicals.
- They refuse to care what celebrities are fighting on twitter, or at least they pretend not to care what celebrities are fighting on twitter.
- They are rebels and purposely wear white shoes after Labor Day.
- They think espresso machines and tiny cups are magic.
- They look at life as a mystery, but when they look at you like a mystery, it makes you think there is something stuck in you teeth.
- They will make you empty out your head and your heart like they are junk drawers and question everything in them.
- They can not live without passion.
- There will be drama.
- They crave plot twists.
- They fear no will ever understand all their allusions.
- They mine for emotional shrapnel like diamonds.
- Their euphemisms will never measure up.
- They can only live or visit cities with poetry open mics.
- What ever is wrong, they have a tea for it, and probably a cookie, definitely a wine.
- They attempt to interject malapropisms into every conversation.
- They have their own antagonist and nemesis.
- They sneak dord into conversations in an attempt to make it a real word.
- They abuse Asyndetons.
- But the most important reason never to date a poet is that poetry is an addiction, and before you know it you will be hooked.
If you want to miserable,
But I want pancakes
And right from the pan
No waiting for everyone to come to the table
You sit watching the news
Complaining about politicians of this or that party
THIS MEANS DOOM, You say
Of course it does, That’s is why I voted for them (I whisper to myself)
Would you like pancakes?
We were like soldiers
It is time to move on now
On and on and on and on
Night after night
nightmares of Rome
Burning around us
As we moved on
On and on and on and on
Until someone remembered
What we were fighting for
And we moved on
We were friends whose paths crossed
And disappeared in silence
We were poems I never understood
We loved being pretentious
I never really told you how fake I felt
I just wanted the world to be about more than this
I wanted us to be about more than
Images on canvas
I will remember you as
That moved away
Her mind wanders
Across the years
In and out of memories
Regrets and aspirations
To the softest lips
She ever kissed
Just to remember
How easy she was to forget
It’s not just about the shapes
And curves that meet the eye,
But the inspirations
That meet the Minds eye
As millions of stars
across an infinite night sky
Some moments seem
To last forever
Forgetting the Dawn
As you fade into sleep
Millions of stars
Fading into a brand-new day
And waking from this dream
The softest lips she ever kissed
And how easy she was to forget